Has your attic insulation become ineffective like the insulation in this picture?
Here are some signs you need to have someone check out your attic insulation.
- If you have an older home that’s never had insulation added, then chances are high you have little to no effective insulation.
- Your HVAC System runs constantly and your Energy Bills are high.
- You get icicles and ice dams in the winter. You might not know it but this is a sign your attic is not vented and insulated properly.
- You feel drafts and or have inconsistent indoor temperatures. Often a house with poor insulation in the attic can cause drafts even with the windows and doors closed. It can also cause one room to feel warm while another room feels cold at the same time.
- Damage from water or animals. If you have had any water leaks that you might not even know about or burst pipes through the years your insulation cannot be salvaged were I the water hit. You might have noticed critters in your attic or evidence they have been. If either of these things or both are true you should consider insulation replacement.
If you have questions or concerns and live anywhere from the surrounding areas from Asheville all the way to Greensboro, North Carolina we will look at your attic at no cost to you.
Give us a call at 828-212.0580!