Metal roofing is becoming an increasingly popular choice among homeowners. Metal roofs offer many benefits over traditional shingle roofs, and if you’re looking to build or replace your roof, metal is an option you may want to consider. Here are a few benefits of a metal roof:
- Longer lifespan – In most cases, asphalt roofing only lasts for two decades. However, you can expect your metal roof to last anywhere from 40 to 70 years
- Durability – With its ability to withstand severe weather and strong winds, a metal roof is highly durable. Plus, metal roofing is fire-resistant and non-combustible.
- Quick and easy to install – Since metal roofing comes in panels, a new metal roof is quick and easy to install. The weight of the material also contributes to an efficient installation.
- Watertight – Snow slides off metal roofing easily because it is slippery. Due to the interlocking panels, it is also almost impossible for water to get through the roof.
- Energy efficient – By reflecting radiant light, a metal roof is very energy-efficient. This process minimizes how much heat the roof retains, ultimately reducing a home’s heating and cooling costs.
As you can see, metal roofs offer many advantages, and while installing a metal roof is more expensive than traditional asphalt shingles, many homeowners find the benefits worth the extra cost. At Wize Home Direct, we’ll be happy to walk you through your roofing options when you need a new roof. Contact us today to get started!