Be prepared and take care of these things 5 things:
- Check roof tiles, shutters, siding, and other exterior materials to ensure they’re secure
- Make sure gutters are clear
- Seal air leaks around the home to keep it warmer (and save energy costs)
- Insulate all exposed plumbing pipes to prevent burst pipes
- Trim tree branches away from your roof to prevent roof damage
Freezing rain and snow on the way? Do these 5 last-minute things:
- Make sure all outdoor pipes are drained and insulated. Indoors you can open cabinets doors and create a small drip to keep water flow to prevent freezing.
- Make sure you know where the shutoff values are just in case you do have a pipe burst.
- Have extra fuel sources ready especially ones not dependent on power
- Make sure you have emergency supplies. Food /water that doesn’t require refrigeration on hand along with batteries, battery-operated candles and lights, and warm clothes/ blankets in case you lose power.
- If you don’t have energy-efficient windows you can cover them with clear plastic or blankets to keep cold out temporarily.
If you have damage or need help preventing damage give us a call at 828-212-0580.