Fall is here! The weather is growing cooler, leaves are changing colors, and everywhere you look is an abundance of pumpkin flavored, well, everything. While you’re making those fall plans, pencil in these task. It could mean the difference of saving you money or even your life.
Let’s start with the interior.
- Test your smoke & carbon monoxide detectors
- Change all of your filters: air filters, water filters, and the filter on the fan over your oven range or hood.
- Clean your ceiling fans and don’t forget to turn the switch to start going the opposite direction.
- Get your furnace inspected
- If you have a chimney or fireplace be sure to have it cleaned out.
- Clean your shower head. Did you know a shower head that has collected sediment could be impacting your water pressure?
Are your Windows and Doors costing you?
Check all windows and doors of your home’s for air leaks. Include taking a good look at the weather stripping to see how it’s holding up. Your home’s windows and entry doors play a major part of losing heat during the winter and having high energy bills. Now, is a perfect time, to weatherize your windows and doors instead of waiting for cold weather. Is it time for new windows that will pay for themselves? We would be happy to come to your home and give you a free quote on energy saving windows that are backed by the Good Housekeeping seal and doors that never rot.
Onto the exterior
- Drain any hoses and shut off your outside water valves. Doing this could make the difference of your pipes freezing and busting causing costly damage in the winter months ahead.
- Cover your air conditioning unit.
- Clean and seal your decks if there are wooden. We also carry wood composite decks that would give you a maintenance free porch or deck.
- Aerate your lawn and fertilize it with high-phosphorus fertilizer to prepare for it to be beautiful come spring.
- Trim dead trees, limbs and prune your bushes.
- Check your roof for leaks
Be sure to take care of your gutters and make sure they are cleaned out without any clogs. Typically, people need to do this twice during the fall. Everyone thinks of a roof leak but never consider a leaking gutter could end up costing you a great deal if unknown water leaks are happening. If you’re concerned that it could be time for new gutters or if you could have untold water damage behind your gutters we offer free 21-point gutter inspections. We also have two types of gutter protection giving you maintenance free gutters, wouldn’t that be great?